The Maryborough Highland Society was established in Maryborough in 1857, making it one of the oldest historical buildings in the state.
Our modern multi function room caters for functions of up to 300 people. It is the ideal venue for Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Breakups and Seminars.
Maryborough Highland Society offers warm and friendly service and ample parking. Our courtesy bus is available Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. To book please call our friendly staff on (03) 5461 1480.
With all that the Highland Society has to offer, it makes membership a great idea for family and friends. Gift vouchers are also available for most areas of the club.
The Maryborough Highland Society continually contributes to the community with its charity donations.
One of the main functions of the Society is to conduct the annual Highland Gathering on New Years Day, which commenced with the White Hills meetings in 1858. This day is one of the most popular events on the sporting calendar drawing huge crowds to the town every year with the feature race being the Maryborough Gift which is run over 120 metres.
Apart from the Maryborough District Hospital, the club is Maryborough’s oldest community organisation.
Statement of Purposes:
- to encourage an understanding of and appreciation for the literature, music and sports of Scotland and Australia;
- to promote the Annual Sporting Gathering of the Society to be held on New Year’s Day at Maryborough;
- to support such patriotic, charitable or wider community objectives as the Society may determine;
- to achieve and maintain the highest possible standard of bowling and sporting facilities to meet the current and future needs of all Members, guests and the wider provincial community; and
- to achieve and maintain the highest possible standard of entertainment and dining facilities for Members, guests and the wider provincial community.